- Op-ed, “Canadian technology is being used to thwart human rights overseas — but there are solutions” in the Toronto Star (2020) – with Jon Penney and Sophie Barnett.
Submissions to Government & International Organizations
- Submission to the Government of Canada on the Renewal of the Responsible Business Conduct Strategy (2020) – with Sophie Barnett, Dr. Ron Deibert, Lex Gill, Jon Penney, RJ Reid and Adam Senft.
- United Nations Submission, “Submission of the Citizen Lab (Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, University of Toronto) to the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Promotion and Protection of the Right to Freedom of Opinion and Expression on the Surveillance Industry and Human Rights” (2019) – with Dr. Ronald J. Deibert and Jon Penney.
Academic Articles & Book Chapters
- Article, “Government Procurement Law and Hacking Technology: The Role of Public Contracting in Regulating an Invisible Market” (2021) 41 Computer Law & Security Review 1.
- Article, “Detaining the Uncooperative Migrant” (2020) 33 Osgoode Hall Journal of Law and Social Policy 38 – with Molly Joeck.
- Article, “Separate but Unequal: Immigration Detention in Canada and the Great Writ of Liberty” (2018) 63:2 McGill Law Journal 1 – with Jared Will and Joshua Blum.
- Article, “Revisiting the Role of Presumptions of Legislative Intent in Statutory Interpretation” (2017) 95:2 Canadian Bar Review 297 – with the Honourable Thomas A. Cromwell and Thomas Touchie.
- Article, “The Legal Services Gap: Access to Justice as a Regulatory Issue” (2017) 42:1 Queen’s Law Journal 1 – with the Honourable Thomas A. Cromwell.
- Book, Foundations of Civil Justice: Towards a Value-Based Framework for Civil Reform (Springer, 2015) – with Dr. Fabien Gélinas, Clément Camion, Catherine Piché, Mariko Khan and Karine Bates.
- Book Chapter, “The Taylor Case: Aiding and Abetting, Specific Direction and the Possibility of Strict Liability for Remote Offenders” in Collection of Essays in Honour of Justice Hassan Bubacar Jallow (Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2015) – with Prof. Frédéric Mégret.
- Article, “Legal Empowerment, Social Movements and Fostering Equitable Economic Development in Cambodia” (2013) 2:1 Canadian Journal of Poverty Law – with Dr. Nandini Ramanujam.
- Article, “Using Law to Impair the Rights and Freedoms of Human Rights Defenders: A Case Study of Cambodia” (2012) 4:3 Oxford Journal of Human Rights Practice.